Mr. ADEOGUN, Tairu Adekunle obtained his B.Sc. certificate in Accounting from the University of Lagos and M. Sc. certificate in Demography and Social Statistics from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria. He also obtained an OND and HND certificates in Statistics from the Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Enugu.
Full Name: ADEOGUN, Tairu Adekunle
Qualifications: M. Sc, Demography and Social Statistics; B. Sc, Accounting; OND/HND, Statistics.
|View My CV|
Department/Unit: Academic Planning Unit
Mr. Tairu Adekunle Adeogun commenced duty in Fountain University, Osogbo on August 1, 2013. He is on contract appointment as Chief Academic Planning Officer. He had inspiring working experience as an Academic Planner in the Nigerian University System (NUS) spanning over two decades with the National Universities Commission (NUC), Abuja. Throughout his career in NUC he worked in the Academic Planning Department and rose through the ranks to attain position of Deputy Director of Academic Planning. The duties assigned to him significantly exposed him to the rudiments of Academic Planning functions such as planning and budgeting, university statistics and database maintenance, universities carrying capacities, academic brief analysis, curriculum reviews, resource allocation etc.
He had his first degree in Accounting from the University of Lagos and a Masters degree in Demography and Social Statistics from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife. He also obtained an OND and HND in Statistics from Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Enugu. He is married with Children.
- Seminar Papers presented at the departmental seminar for NUC Academic Planners May, 1995. (Unpublished)
- Preparation, Defence and Allocation Criteria for University Annual Budgets.
- The Source, Purpose and Disbursement Criteria for the Library Development Fund.
- Master’s Project (Unpublished) titled “The Effect of Enrolment Size on the Quality of University Education in Nigeria” September 1999.
- Co-authored NUC Monograph Series Vol. 1 No. 8 2003 Titled “Unit Cost of University Education in Nigeria (2001 and 2002)”
- Academic Planning and Research Seminar titled “The Appraisal of Formula Budgeting for Federal Universities”presented at the NUC Auditorium, Abuja on 29th April 2003.
- Seminar Paper presented at a Training Workshop for Directors of Academic Planning in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions held at NUC Secretariat, Abuja 18th -21st July, 2006 titled “Expectations of Supervisory Agencies on Submissions on Institutional Information”.
Office of the Vice-Chancellor
Academic Planning Unit
Fountain University, Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria
Phone Numbers: 08058977296, 08089844330