Full Name: Professor Usman Abdullateef
Qualifications: B.Sc. (Hons) Economics ABU Zaria. M.Sc. Economic UNILORIN; Ph.D. Economics ABU, Zaria.
Professor Usman, Abdullateef hails from Offa, the Headquarter of Ibolo kingdom in Kwara State Nigeria.
Community Service Experience
- Member Board of Directors Apeks Microfinance Bank, Ilorin 2014 to date
- Member Board of Directors Welfare Microfinance Bank, Ilorin 2013
- Public Relation Officer, Islamic Welfare Foundation, 2012 till date
- Foundation Secretary, Islamic Foundation for Medical Aid, 1998 till date
- Member Representing the Congregation on Students Welfare Board University of Ilorin University of Ilorin 2010-2011
- Research Team Leader: National Centre for Hydropower Research and Development, University of Ilorin 2010-2011
- Returning Officer, 2003 General Election Oyun Local Government Federal Constituency. Kwara State Nigeria
- Returning Officer, 2003 General Election Ilorin West/Asa Federal Constituency. Kwara State Nigeria
- Treasurer, Islamic Welfare Foundation (Kwara State Branch) 1992-1997.
- Secretary Offa Descendant union, (Oro Branch) – 1982 – 1991
- Secretary, Local Government Caretaker Committee of the Defunct National Republican Convention Nov. 1992 – April 1993.
Area of Specialization:
International Relations with specific focus on International Oil Politics
Industrial/Labor Economics, Economic Theory and Environmental Impact Analysis
- Usman, A. (1994): Strikes and Output in the Nigerian Public Service (1970 -1991 Center Point 4 (2) 43 -55 Ilorin University of Ilorin
- Usman, A. (1995): “Education and Participation of Married Women in Urban Labour Market of Kwara State” Ilorin Journal of Education vol 15 8 – 17 Ilorin Faculty of Education University of Ilorin
- Usman, A. (1998): “Unemployment, Apprenticeship System and the Urban Informal Sector in Nigeria Ilorin Journal of Business and Social Sciences, 5(2) 90- 99 Ilorin Faculty of Business and Social Sciences, University of Ilorin,
- Usman, A. (1995) “Inadequate Insulations for Workers during Structural Economic Reforms. Its Effects and Solutions”, Ilorin Journal of Sociology 2 (2) 43 –52.
- Usman, A. (2000); Analysis of Skilled Labour Force Growth in Nigeria (1976-1996); Journal of Advances in Management Department of Business Administration, Faculty of Business and Social Sciences, University of Ilorin, 1(1 ) 70-77
- Usman, A. (2001) “External Sector Liberalization and Employment in Nigeria. Journal of Law and Social Sciences”, A Journal of Faculty of Law, University of Ilorin) 1 (1 ) 225-233
- Usman, A. I. I. Ihinmodu and G. T. Arosanyin (2001): “An Inquiry into Some Financial Aspects of Small Scale Enterprises: An Ilorin Case Study” YOLDE Vol. 3 and 4 12 -22 Yola Department of Management Studies University of Technology Yola
- Usman, A. (2002): “Determinant of Employment in the Urban Informal Sector in Nigeria: A Model of Inter-Setoral Flow” Nigerian Journal of Economics and Social Research 1 no2 21 – 30 Makurdi Department of Economics, Benue State University
- Usman, A. (2003): “An Econometrics Analysis of the Stability of Real Wage In Nigeria” Nigerian Journal of Economics and Social Research vol. 2 (2) 67 -78 Makurdi Department of Economics, Benue State University
- Usman, A. (2006): “Trade Regimes and Capacity Utilization in the Nigerian Textile Industry:” Journal of Economic Thought. Vol.3 no.2 59 -75 Department of Economics, Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Usman, A. and A. F. Oshodi (2007): “Oil Windfall and Structural Change in Nigeria: A Reform Agenda” Adamawa Business Journal Vol. 2 no 1 126 -136 Mubi Department of Business Administration, Adamawa State University;
- Usman, A. and I. B. Kadiri (2009): “Achieving the Millennium Development Goal (MDG) in Nigeria: Factors Militating Against the SME Alternatives” Lapai International Journal of Management and Social Sciences Vol. 2 no 2 312 -322 Minna Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida University
- Usman, A. G. T. Ijaiya, M. A. Ijaiya, L. A. Alabi and M. Ijaiya (2010): “Causes and Socio-Economic Consequences of HIV/AIDS in Kwara State” Nigerian Journal of Legislative Affairs Vol. 3 No. 1 & 2 141 – 157 Abuja Policy Analysis and Research Project;
- Usman, A. and, M. A. Ijaiya, (2010): Budgetary Allocations and Sectoral Contribution to Economic Development in Nigeria” International Journal of Contemporary Research in Business Vol. 1 No. 10 83 -94 UK Institute of Interdisciplinary Business Research;
- Usman, A. and W Ibrahim (2010): “Trade Policy Strategies and Employment Growth in Nigeria: Some Econometric Results” Crescent Journal of Business 1(1) 11 – 24 Chennai Tamil Nadu India AbdurRahman University;
- Usman, A. H. I. Mobolaji, Kilishi, A. A. Yaru, M. A. & Yakubu, T. A. (2011): “Public Expenditure and Economic Growth in Nigeria” Asian Economic and financial Review Vol. 1 No. 3 214 -222 Karachi Pakistan Asian Economic and Social Society www.aessweb.com
- Usman, A. and W. O Egbewole (2011): “Public Private Partnership and the Development of Osun State” Journal of Asian Scientific Research Vol. 1 No. 5 220 -228 Karachi Pakistan Asian Economic and Social Society www.aessweb.com
- Usman, A. and, M. O. Adebayo (2011): “Socio-Economic Impacts of Malaria Epidemics on Households in Nigeria: Micro-evidence from Kwara State” International Journal of Asian Social Sciences Vol. 1 Issue 5 188 – 196 Karachi Pakistan Asian Economic and Social Society www.aess.com
- Usman, A. and Ifabiyi, I. P (2012): “Socio-Economic Analysis of the Operational Impacts of Shiroro Hydropower generation in the Lowland Areas of Middle River Niger” International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences Vol. 1 No.4; 57- 76 Bahawalpur Pakistan Human Resource Management Academic Research Society. University of Pakistan www.hrmars,com
- Usman, A. and A. E. Adeyemi (2012) Supply Price of Capital, Industrial Production and Employment Generation in Nigeria Journal of Research in Economics and International Finance (JREIF) Vol. 1(2) pp.50-57, 123-132, August 2012 Available online at http://www.interesjournals.org/JREIF
- Usman, A (2013) “Determinants of Electricity Consumers Satisfaction in Selected Electricity Distribution Zone: Implications for Regulatory Activities” Online Journal of Asian Business Strategy, 3(6): 103-124.)
- Sule, B.F; Usman, A. and P. I. Ifabiyi (2013) “Impacts of Hydropower Dams on Downstream Rural Communities in the Lower Niger Basin of Central Nigeria.” European Journal of Social Sciences, 39 (4): 536-546
- Usman, A (2013) Political Economy of labour reforms in Nigeria: Implications for Sustainable Development. Pakistan Journal of Applied Economics, 23 (2) 141-152 Winter
- Adefeso, H. A. Oyelami, L.O & Usman, A; (2014): The Impact of Government Spending Structure on Economic Growth in Nigeria (1960-2010) Journal of Economics and Allied Fields 5 (1) 72 – 81 Abuja, Nigeria Department of Economics, University of Abuja
- A.A. Kilishi, H. I. Mobolaji, A. Usman, A. T. Yakubu and M. A. Yaru (2014) “The Effects of Unemployment on Crime in Nigeria: A Panel Data Analysis” British Journal of Economics, Management & Trade. 4(6):880-895 SCIENCEDOMAIN international www.sciencedomain.org
Chapters in Books
- Usman, A. & A. G. GARBA (2006): Trade Regime and Employment in Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector (1970-2002) in H. A. SALIU, OGUNSANYA, A.A., J. O OLUJIDE, & J. O. OLANIYI (ed) Democracy and Development: Economic and Environmental Issues. 126 – 149 Ilorin Faculty of Business and Social Sciences, University of Ilorin
- Usman, A. (2006): Trend and Structure of Employment and Wages in Nigeria (1970 – 2002) H. A. Saliu; Aderinto, A. A; H. I. Jimoh and G. T. Arosanyin (ed) Perspectives on Nation Building and Development in Nigeria 174 -189 Ilorin Faculty of Business and Social Sciences, University of Ilorin,
- Usman, A. (2007) “Planning and Budgeting in Research”. In H. A. Saliu and Fayeye, J. O (Ed.) Further Reading in Research Methodology Faculty of Business and Social Sciences. University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- Usman, A. (2007): “Political Economy of Labour Reform in Nigeria in H. A. Saliu Amali E, and Olawepo, R.(ED) The Nigerian Reform Program: Issues and Challenges” 171 -186 Ibadan Vintage Publishers;
- Usman, A. and A.A. Badmus (2010): “The Undercurrent of Ethno-Religious Conflicts in Nigeria: Issues and Challenges” in Albert, I. O. and O. N. Olarinde (ed) Trends and Tensions in Managing Conflicts 11, 136 -144 Society for Peace Studies and Practice (SPSP) Abuja
- Usman, A. and Imam Ibrahim (2012): Local Content Law and Sustainable Development in Hydro-Electric Power Producing Areas in Nigeria in Egbewole, Etudaiye and Olatunji (ed) Law and Sustainable Development in Africa. 21, 500-512 Faculty of Law, University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- Balogun, T. F. Badmus, A. A.; Usman, A.; Oyeniyi, S. A. and Sumaila, M. A. (2006): Situation Assessment and Analysis of Olla and Oke-Aba Communities of Isin Local Government Areas of Kwara State European Economic Commission (EEC) and Federal Government of Nigeria
- Usman A, G. T Ijaiya and M. A. .Ijaiya (2005) Desk and Case Studies of Kwara State Informal Sector Economy (A Study Commissioned by the UNDP and Kwara State Planning Commission)
- Badmus, A.A.; Usman, A, and Balogun, L.A (2006): “Feasibility Study on Conversion of Agricultural and Forestry Products to Wealth in Kwara State of Nigeria”. (Commissioned and Sponsored by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
- Usman, A; I. P. Ifabiyi; A. A. Akande; K.A. Adeniran; A. W. Salami and M. A. Ayansola (2010) “Assessment of Impact of 2010 Flood on Communities along the Lower River Niger in Kogi Local Government Area of Kogi State, Nigeria. National Center for Hydropower Research and Development, for Energy Commission of Nigeria
- Usman, A. (2012) “Baseline Survey of Electricity Consumers Satisfaction in Nigeria: A Study Commissioned and Funded by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission, under the 2012 Fellowship Program.
1994: Book Project – A Guide to Business Advisers, A.A. Badmus (ed) A Book Project Commissioned by FGN/EEC Middle Belt Programme in Kwara State.
1995: Baseline Survey of /woman Groups Nominated for MBP’s SSE Support Package in the 1994/95 Program Year. Commissioned by FGN/EEC Middle Belt
1996: “A Study of Credit Administration Entities in Kwara State” Commissioned by Kwara State Women Commission under the UNDP Sponsored WID Program.
2002: “Situation Assessment and Analysis (SAA) Survey of Olla Community in Isin Local Government Area of Kwara State” commissioned by UNICEF.
2002: “Situation Assessment and Analysis (SAA) Survey of Oke-Aba Community in Isin Local Government Area of Kwara State” commissioned by UNICEF.
2005: Feasibility Study on the Conversion of Wastes from Agricultural and Forestry Products to Wealth in Kwara State. Commissioned by Kwara State Committee on UNDP Sponsored Project. Kwara State Planning Commission
2010: Operational Impact of Hydropower Generation in the Lowland Areas of Middle River Niger in Nigeria. A study Commissioned by the National Center for Hydropower Research and Development for Energy Commission of Nigeria
2011: Audit of Strategic Social and Economic Infrastructure in the hydropower Dam Affected Communities in Nigeria. A study Commissioned by the National Center for Hydropower Research and Development for Energy Commission of Nigeria
2012: Baseline Survey of Electricity Consumers Satisfaction in Nigeria. A Study Commissioned by the Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) Abuja
Conferences/Workshop Attended with Date and Paper Presented (Selected)
- 48th Annual Conference of the Nigerian Economic Society (NES) 16th -18th August, 2007 Lagos
- 2nd Annual Conference of the Society for Peace Study and Practices (SPSP) held 15th – 18th June, 2008 at Abuja Nigeria
- 49th Annual Conference of the Nigerian Economic Society (NES) 26th -28th August, 2008, at Sheraton Hotels and Towers Abuja Nigeria Paper Read “Policy Issues on Oil Windfall and Structural Change in Nigeria”
- 3rd Annual Conference of the Society for Peace Study and Practices (SPSP) held 22nd – 24th June, 2009 at Kano Nigeria Paper Read: “The Undercurrent of Ethno- Religious Conflicts in Nigeria Issues and Challenges”
- ECOWAS Sensitization Workshop on Common Investment Market (CIM) for the Academic Community in West Africa held on the 16th -17th September, 2009 at Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State Nigeria.
- Regional Data Dissemination Workshop for Academician/ Researchers Held at Hamdala Hotel Kaduna, Nigeria between 11th – 13th November 2009 By the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS)
- Law and Climate Change Workshop: Organized by the Faculty of Law University of Ilorin Nigeria between 14thand 15th May, 2010
- African Econometrics Society Conference held between 7th -10th June, 2010 Cairo Egypt.
- . 2-Day workshop on the operational impact of hydropower generation on the host communities of the lowland areas in Kwara, Kogi and Niger states September 18 -19, 2012 at University of Ilorin, Nigeria. Organized by the Energy Commission of Nigeria (ECN) and National Center for Hydropower Research and development (NACHRED)
- Hydro Vision Conference held between 24th -27th 2012 Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
- Conference of Islam in Nigeria (2014) University of Ilorin, Organized by the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs and Center for Ilorin Studies, University of Ilorin.
- Usman Abdullateef (2005) “Effects of Trade Regimes on Employment and Wages in Nigeria” Submitted to the PG School Ahmadu Bello University Zaria
Research Output Ranking
- ssrn.com/abstract=2043351Social Science Research Network
- Office Address:
- Department of Economics, Fountain University, Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria.
- Email Address(Es):
- Phone Number(S): +234-803-401-7595